How To Treat Skin Hyperpigmentation NaturallyNovember 18, 2019
Pigmentation means the color of your skin. Melanin is made by the skin cells and is responsible for your skin’s colour. When you are affected with skin pigment disorders it changes the colour of the skin. When your skin becomes very dark, then it is due to Hyperpigmentation. This can affect either your entire body or patches of your skin. Age spots otherwise known as liver spots are also a common type of hyperpigmentation. Normally, Hyperpigmentation is harmless but sometimes it might be due to other medical conditions. Hence, it is ideal to consult skincare treatment in Delhi. You can also treat your hyperpigmentation at home by following natural methods:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It contains acetic acid which will lighten the pigmentation. Take equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water in a container and mix them well. Apply it to your dark patches and leave for two to three minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Do this twice a day till you achieve the results.
- Aloe Vera: It contains aloin which is a natural depigmenting compound that lightens the colour of your body. Just apply aloe vera to your skin at night and rinse it with warm water the following morning. Do this daily until you achieve the colour you want.
- Red Onion: Red onion (Allium Cepa) extract is used in the commercially available skin and scar lightening creams. According to studies, the red onion can lighten your skin effectively.
- Green Tea Extract: Take a green tea bag and boil it in the water for three to five minutes. Then remove it and let it cool. Once it has cooled down rub it on the dark patches. Repeat it twice a day so that you will get lighter skin.
- Licorice extract: Contains the ingredients that will lighten hyperpigmentation caused by melisma and sun exposure. Topical creams that contain licorice are available in the shops. Use it as directed.
- Milk: You can apply milk, buttermilk, and even sour milk on the darker spots. Milk contains lactic acid which will lighten those spots.
- Tomato Paste: Consuming tomato paste every day gives lighter skin. This has been proved by a study conducted by The British Journal of Dermatology in 2011.
- Orchid Extracts: Apply orchid-rich extracts on your skin and you will find after eight weeks there will be an improvement in the size and appearance of dark patches. You will find skin products containing orchid extracts such as masks, creams, and scrubs readily available.
- Masoor dal: The red lentils can be used for making the mask. When you apply this mask it will cure the hyperpigmentation as it is rich in antioxidants.
Thus, when you consult skincare specialist in Delhi, they will suggest you with the right kind of treatment that will suit your skin best.