Acne Scars: Types and PreventionOctober 11, 2019
Acne scars are mainly categorized into two categories namely, atrophic scars and hypertrophic scars. The former scars are caused by a loss of tissue and the later is caused as a result of an excess of tissue. Within these categories, there are four different kinds of acne scars.
- Ice pick scars:
According to the dermatologist for acne treatment in Delhi, these scars are deep, very narrow and extending into the dermis of your skin. The skin appears as if it has been pierced by an ice pick or any sharp instrument. Ice pick scars end up making small, thin, and deep hole into your skin. Some of these scars may look like open pores.
- Boxcar Scars:
This type of scars is round or oval depression that has steep vertical sides. These scars are wider than ice pick scars. These scars tend to give uneven and pitted appearance to your skin. You must seek a good acne treatment in Delhi to get rid of these scars.
- Rolling scars:
Rolling scarring cause rolling or wave-like depression on to the skin. Your skin starts to look older as a result of these scars. These scars are not very sharply defined, however, they do make your skin look craggy and uneven.
- Keloid and hypertrophic scars:
These scars are firm and raised scars that grow above the surface of your skin. These scars are caused as a result of your acne and are mainly found on the torso. This kind of scarring is very common in men. Apart from the torso, they could appear anywhere in your body as well. This scarring is more common after a deep wound.
Prevention of acne scars:
Here are the preventive measures to take for your acne scars:
- It is imperative for you to treat your acne as soon as it develops in order to ward off scars. Take a good acne treatment in Delhi. Follow the prescription as well as medication.
- Acne scars are caused as a result of inflammation. Thus, you must calm the inflammation that might develop on your skin because of one reason or the other.
- During the course of your acne treatment in Delhi, you must not pop, squeeze, or pick at the pimples. Popping your zits is only going to make the situation worse for you.
- Picking at the scabs is another habit that you must avoid in order to treat your acne as well as scars.
Acne scars are treatable, however, you must stop them from spreading too much.