Preventive Acne Care For TeenagersSeptember 27, 2019
Teenage acne is a very common concern and a lot of teenagers including boys suffer from this problem. Fortunately, all the problems have their own solutions and you can treat your teenage acne by the way of taking some preventive care and measures.
According to the best dermatologists of acne treatment in Delhi, teenage acne has different types:
Mild and moderate acne:
Several over-the-counter topical medications are the necessary treatment for mild acne. Many of these products comprise of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid as well as sulfur which helps your skin get rid of the acne. These ingredients help to fight inflammation and kill the bacteria, thereby slowing down the production of oil. Your skin specialist doctor can suggest you several creams and tubes to address and treat the problem.
If you are suffering from moderate acne, try over-the-counter topical treatments first. If you don’t see any improvement in your skin, it is the best time to seek acne treatment from the best dermatologist of the city. The doctor might prescribe you topical creams and gels which you will have to use for a longer time period. At the same time, you will also be given some antibiotic tablets and capsules during your course of treatment.
As a teenager, you might suffer from acne which is more severe in nature. In this case, you must seek help from the best dermatologist and begin your acne treatment. A cosmetic doctor or plastic surgeon may provide you different kinds of treatments to prevent and reduce scarring.
Preventive measures for acne treatment:
As they say, prevention is always better than cure. You can always work on several preventive measures to ward off acne from developing on your skin.
Here are some preventive measures for teenage acne:
- It is very important for you to wash your face twice a day. Make the use of a mild face wash and warm water. Do not scrub.
- If you want to get rid of acne, you must learn not to burst or pop pimples in the first place. Bursting of pimple may worsen the situation for you.
- If you wear spectacles, it is recommended to clean your eyeglasses regularly.
- Do not wear tight caps, headbands, and sleeves unless they are cleaned. Keep your skin away from makeup during your teenage.
- You must also wash your hair regularly and keep them away from the face.
- Drink a lot of water and avoid eating a lot of junk food to keep your skin healthy.